Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Free Pattern: Hacky Sack

I remember in high school before classes started each morning a bunch of kids would play hacky sack. I was not coordinated enough to play but I did love to watch.

I am still not coordinated enough to play so my way of getting involved in this sport is to crochet the hacky sacks!

I wrote up this quick and easy free pattern for hacky sacks. They are filled with dried beans. I have used pinto & black beans but any dried bean could be used.

hacky sack pattern

These are crocheted in the round without joining at the beginning of each round.

Materials
worsted weight acrylic yarn
F hook (3.75MM)
dried beans

Pattern
chain 2
RND1: sc 6 in 2nd ch from hook. (6 sts)
RND2: 2sc in each st. (12 sts)
RND3: *2sc in next st, sc in next st; rep from * 5 times (18 sts)
RND4: *2sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts; rep from * 5 times (24 sts)
RND5-10: sc in each st. (24 sts)
RND11: *sc2tog, sc in next 2 sts; rep from * 5 times (18 sts)
RND12: *sc2tog, sc in next st; rep from * 5 times (12 sts)

-fill mostly up with dried beans

RND13: *sc2tog; rep from * 5 times (6 sts)

Finishing:
cut yarn leaving tail. Use the tail to sew the hole shut. Weave in ends and cut tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment