Thursday, July 26, 2012

some finished projects

I have finished a few projects this past week and I wanted to show you what I had been up to!

First off I made this cover for some jars that I had been saving. I used this pattern by Nature Nut Notes. It is a really simple pattern and I finished it in no time. Since then I have covered a plain votive candle  and a baby jar with the same pattern! It looks so lovely when the candle is lit!
candle jar cover
Then I made this warm beverage sweater using this pattern by Color My World Crochet. This pattern is crazy simple and I love how the combination of SC & HDC stitches shape it to fit the cup nicely. I found these wooden buttons on sale at Walmart awhile back.
beverage sweater
I saw this adorable flying disc toy by  LittleWoollyThings on Etsy. I thought I could easily make one for Blake to play with when he gets a little older. I added bells on some of the beads for a little extra fun! He already enjoys playing with it because of the bells!
flying disc toy
I bought some pencil roving from a local seller awhile back and spun it up but because it was just a small amount of yarn I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. I thought it would make an adorable star ornament. I used this pattern by A Foothill Home Companion to make it. This pattern is so cute. It's simple and can be worked up so fast. I crocheted two of them and sewed them together to make it thicker and it keeps the edges from curling up.
star ornament
This last one has been done for awhile but I haven't gotten around to posting about it but remember the handspun yarn I bought from the yarn shop while in Iowa? I finally decided what to do with that. I needed a cover for the strap on my camera. All I did was do rows of HDC and when it was long enough I sewed the edges together to make a long tube and slipped over the strap! I love how it is functional by making it feel softer around my neck (and in the winter it will also keep my neck warm!) plus it looks really cute!
_MG_7491

Whew! That is what I had been making lately! Do you have any recently finished projects?

5 comments:

  1. Wow what a parade of FO's! All the projects look great; I especially love the jar candle cozy, I bet it looks great lit! I need to work on ending more projects than I start each week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Trust me I still have 10x more unfinished projects than finished! :)

      Delete
  2. you are so talented! I love it! thanks for following my blog! I am following you back now.

    ReplyDelete