Friday, October 19, 2012

my first handspun yarn

I am LOVING my new wheel! I have been using the fiber that they included to practice since I have only even touched a spinning wheel once before. While an experienced spinner may be disgusted with my first yarn I am super excited about it! It is really slubby which I actually like... it makes crocheting or knitting with it interesting. While I love beautiful even handspun yarn there is something fun about crazy over-twisted slubby yarn as well!
_MG_8757

So what did I do with that first yarn? I crocheted a sweater for my candle of course!
_MG_8772

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! Glad you're enjoying it.. can't wait to see what else you create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first handspun yarn! While perfectly spun yarn has its place, I agree that slubby art yarn is much more fun to spin and work with! :)

    ReplyDelete