Sunday, January 13, 2013

feather mobile

We recently fixed up our guest room upstairs. It is beginning to be my favorite room in the house. It's so peaceful up there. I usually go up there just to get away from the chaos and mess of the downstairs. One of my favorite details in the room is this feather mobile. 
gold dipped feather mobile

I painted the tips of the feathers with mod podge and sprinkled gold glitter over the mod podge. I let the feathers dry by sticking the ends into a piece of foam. Once they were dried I tied crochet thread on a stick I found on the beach during one of our vacations. I then tied the the ends of the feather using the thread onto the stick. I dabbed a piece of hot glue to keep them all secure. Simple but lovely!

Feathers were bought from Feather and Earth on Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a beautiful mobile. I love the idea and think it adds such a nice touch to a guest bedroom :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete